Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Devastating Ambiguity



 4 different versions of this poem. Which resonates more with you?

 

1. 
There’s an ease, yet unrest.

There’s a quiet, yet a clamor.

There’s comfort, yet distress.

I crave you, yet I reject you.

You are family, yet a stranger.

You are familiar, yet unknown.

You are a remedy, yet there is pain.

You are me, I am you.

Devastating ambiguity unravels my soul. 


2. 
There’s an ease, yet unrest. 
There’s a quiet, yet a clamor. 
There’s comfort, yet distress. 
I crave me, yet I reject me. 
I am family, yet a stranger. 
I am familiar, yet unknown. 
I am a remedy, yet there is pain. 
I am me, You are you. 
Devastating ambiguity unravels your soul.


3.
There’s unrest, yet ease.
There’s a clamor, yet a quiet.
There’s distress, yet comfort.
I am family, yet a stranger. 
I am unknown, yet familiar. 
There is pain, yet I am the remedy.
I reject me, but I crave me. 
You are you and I am me. 
My soul unravels ambiguity devastatingly.


4.
There’s unrest, yet ease. 
There’s a clamor, yet a quiet.

There’s distress, yet comfort.

I reject you, yet I crave you.

You are a stranger, yet you are family.

You are unknown, yet familiar.

There is pain, yet you are my remedy.

We are.

Devastating Ambiguity.
 

 



1 comment:

  1. #3 is the most powerful to me, yet I want it to end with the last 2 lines of #4 instead of the last line it has. For me it was the most clear, and shot straight to the heart. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete